An electronic cigarette is comprised of three basic parts:
- The Cartridge: the cartridge is the mouthpiece and this is where the e liquid is held to be vaporized, or “smoked”
- It’s a plus to look for a starter kit with a few pre-filled cartridges so you can begin your vaping experience immediately
- The Atomizer: the atomizer is the heating element; it’s responsible for vaporizing the liquid in the cartridge
- The Power Supply: this is the battery; it provides the juice to heat up the atomizer
Beyond the three basic parts to an eCig, you should consider the importance of some of these electronic cigarette accessories in your starter pack:
- An extra battery: an extra, rechargeable battery is an important perk for an eCig starter kit in order to avoid running out of power
- A heavy smoker switching to eCigs should expect to run out of battery life in 4-8 hours
- An average smoker should expect the battery to last up to 24 hours
- USB cable for charging and passthrough capability: the USB cable is vital if you plan to vape frequently, especially in an office or location which easy access to a USB portal.
- The USB cable allows you to vape while saving your battery, never cutting off an enjoyable vape session because of power shortages.
- Wall adapter to recharge the eCigbattery
- Instruction manual: eCigs are a relatively new creation, and it’s important to make sure you understand the parts and how your eCig works
- Lanyard to allow for easy transport of your eCig:, a lanyard allows you to carry around your eCig while leaving your hands free